Safeguarding trusts and estates. The Marcus Law Firm has significant experience in trusts and estates law. We honor your requests and make it possible to safeguard your assets for your heirs.
We offer legal advice and representation on:
Will preparation. Beyond our technical expertise, we address with sensitivity the preparation of wills. A will is a vital document with strong emotional implications for many clients. These emotions sometime delay people in acting to safeguard the assets and the futures of their families and loved ones. The Marcus Law Firm helps people see that by preparing a will with clear intent, they honor and protect the future security of their loved ones, including:
- Families, making sure that if the principal support of the family has thought ahead to protect spouses and children's futures.
- Singles, who need to be clear about the distribution of their assets.
- Domestic partners, so that they can rest assured that their partner will benefit without any challenges to their right to an inheritance.
- Seniors, who may have delayed planning for the distribution of their assets.
- Retirees, considering how best to plan for their retirement while possibly considering gifts during their lifetime to help their heirs avoid inheritance taxes.
- Business owners, leaving substantial assets to one or more persons and ensuring their intent is clear and legally sound.
Guardianships. We structure guardianships for special situations where people are unable to care for their personal, financial, or healthcare needs. These include children living away from their parents, children and adults with special needs, and adults including the elderly who, for a variety of reasons, are not capable of making decisions in their own best interests.
Probate. We complete the process for individuals with modest estates or refer them to other legal services, as needed. In fulfilling the letter and spirit of your wishes, we ensure that your intent has been met.
Living Wills. A living will provides you with assurance that your wishes will be carried out if you are not able to express them. We discuss in depth with you what your options are to assure that your final days are peaceful and appropriate for your wishes. We assist you in letting your family and healthcare providers know whether you would like every possible medical intervention, would prefer only to be comfortable, or fall somewhere between these two extremes. We provide safeguards so that your living will does not become effective during a temporary severe illness or accident, but only as end of life planning. A living will provides that your family members or healthcare providers will not have the burden of guessing what your desires really are.
The Marcus Law Firm, LLC is based in Fishers and serves the communities of Indianapolis, Carmel, and Noblesville, Indiana.